Hi Gilles,

MPI_COMM_WORLD is positive (44000000).

In a short code I wrote I have something like that:

MPI_Comm_dup(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &world);
cout << "intra-communicator: " << "world" << "---" << hex << world << endl;

It returns "84000006" (in hex).

later I have:

MPI_Comm_accept(port_name, MPI_INFO_NULL, 0, world, &interClient);
cout << "intercommunicator interClient=" << interClient << endl;

After connection from a third party client it returns "c4000003" (in hex).

Both 84000006 and c4000003 are negative integer in dec.

I don't know if it is "normal". Therefore I'm looking about rules on the
communicators, intercommunicators.

Regards,
Guillaume