>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Mark Turansky <mturansk redhat com> wrote:
>
>> There is no recycler for glusterfs, so "no volume plugin matched" would
>> occur when the volume is being reclaimed by the cluster after its release
>> from a claim.

Hi

This is a problem for me too as I have provisioned a limited number of
glusterfs volumes on our pilot platform at IG and I don't think that manually
recycling failed volumes is a workable solution for me.

I've come up with an interim work-around whilst we wait for the plugin to be
developed or the more exciting fully automatic provisioning to arrive.  The
temporary solution is to run a docker container that does the job of picking up
gluster volumes that are in the failed state, wiping their files and returning
them back to the pool of available volumes.  I've used the glusterfs-centos
image as a base and written a simple shell script to perform the recycling
process.  The container is intended to be deployed by cluster-admins and is
available on dockerhub
https://hub.docker.com/r/davemccormickig/gluster-recycler/ and the project
files on github https://github.com/davemccormickig/gluster-recycler.

I hope that this is useful to other admins trialling the use of glusterfs
volumes with their openshift clusters.

regards

Dave