On 07/21/2016 12:46 PM, Alex Wauck wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Aleksandar Kostadinov
> <akost...@redhat.com <mailto:akost...@redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Two things as listed in the doc. One is to have hostnames of masters
>     and slaves resolvable over the configured DNS servers.
>

> If you're on AWS, this is taken care of for you.  Your masters and
> slaves and whatnot will all be referred to by their internal DNS names
> (e.g. ip-172-31-33-101.us-west-1.compute.internal), so this aspect will
> just work, even if you set up the EC2 instances yourself and use the BYO
> playbooks.
>

>     The other thing listed as "optional" is having a wildcard record(s)
>     for the routes exposed to services in OpenShift. This subdomain also
>     needs to be configured in master's config file.
>

> I highly recommend this.  It makes it very quick and easy to set up new
> services with valid DNS records.  Also, get a wildcard SSL certificate
> if you can afford it.  You can configure the router to automatically use
> that certificate for any service that doesn't specify one.

Just testing, for now, so the AWS DNS will work.

I'll have to give some thought as to how I'll handle DNS on the hardware
microcluster.  Anyone have suggestions for a minimalist solution?  I'd
love to just run BIND on a container, but there's a bit of a catch-22 there.

Josh Berkus
Project Atomic
Red Hat OSAS