So I am trying to use openshift to manage our dockers.

First problem I am facing is that most of documentation and image templates seem to be about S2I. We are considering a continuous builds for multiple projects and building an image every 1 hour for multiple projects would create total 20GB images every day.

Q1: Is this right way of thinking? Since today most companies are doing CI, this should be a common problem. Why is S2I considered impressive feature?

So, I am trying to use off the shelf images and inject code/conf into them. I know how to do this from docker command line (example: docker run --rm -it -v /my/host/folder:/usr/src/myapp -w /usr/src/myapp openjdk:8-jre-alpine java myClass )

Q2: How do I configure exact same command from openshift? I will need to do following steps 1. Jenkins is pushing compiled jar files to git repository. First step will be to pull the files down. 2. I may have to unzip some files (in case it is bunch of configurations etc.)
3. Openshift should use docker run to create containers.

thanks so much for help
Ravi