Hello.

On 29.03.2011, at 14:14, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:

> On 29/3/11 11:42 AM, n...@uni-petrol.com wrote:
>>

>> Because of media-relay running in openvz virtual container it inherit
>> kernel modules like ip_table, ip_conntrack, nfnetlink from host node, so
>> yesm ip_tables module like others loade before media-relay start.
>> Below is a list of running modules.
>>

> I haven't tried MediaProxy within a OpenVZ container, so I can't say how this
> could affect MediaProxy, sorry.
>
>> Unfortunately it is very hard to migrate to python > 2.4, because CentOS
>> < 6.0
>> don't support other versions and hard depend on python 2.4.
>>
>> Now I'm trying install Scientific Linux 6.0 in openvz virtual environment
>> to test python 2.6.
>>

> We develop, test and deploy MediaProxy on Debian based non virtualized
> systems so chances are that we'll not be able to help you if you run into
> issues we didn't experience because we don't use such scenarios.
>
> Many people are running MediaProxy on CentOS-like systems, but I can't recall
> if anyone is using OpenVZ containers. You may want to test it in a standalone
> machine first, and once you get it working you can put it in the container
> and test again.

I tried media-relay within a OpenVz container. As far as I can remember, I got
same exceptions during call establishing:

> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: Table does not exist (do you
> need to insmod?)"

OS: debian/ubuntu (2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64), python: 2.6.

I think that this is openvz-related problem.

I use media-relay on hardware machine now, but it would be nice to have ability
deploy media-relay in virtual machine.

--
WBR, John Khvatov