Jason,

I think you're going way too fast here:
-> JCP things are happening isolated quite often, and I do think that in this case not Sun but Oracle was at work for that...
-> I think anyone involved with Maven should be happy that such a JSR is found and that Maven is mentionned...
-> commercial powers often forget to look on the open-source side, that's nothing new, really.

Paul

Jason van Zyl wrote:
Then maybe you should consider actually consulting the actual developers
of Maven before going off into conversations with others about Maven.
There are many of us here who have direct dealings with Sun or the JCP,
we don't need anyone to talk to Sun on our behalf thank you very much.
As well if they were actually interested someone from the JSR would have
contacted us. I speak with Tom Kincaid from Sun a couple times a month
and it's not like people inside Sun don't know what Maven is though I'm
sure they don't know what it does.

As well, the attempt by Sun to stick their fingers in everything is like
the behaviour of a greedy child. Soon there will be a JSR to define
which hand Java developers should wipe their ass with, it's just
ridiculous. I simply don't think they will come up with anything that's
a revelation to anyone here.