Is there a magic flag to identify a runtime dependency from a compile
time dependency?  For example, Xerces and Xalan may be needed to compile
some aspects of a project (some people use it to generate java source
code), but never needed at run time.

This will allow a number of things:

* The extensions attributes can be generated ONLY for runtime dependencies
* The GUMP descriptor will be able to reflect that information so that
  the other GUMP descriptors can propogate those dependencies for unit tests
* I can develop my plugin to gather the dependencies into a distributable

I personally have a need to generate a work directory like this:

/${root}
   loader.jar
   /lib
      ***.jar
   /docs
      ***.html
      ***.pdf

The thing is that I want to be able to collect all of the runtime
dependencies for this special distribution format and place them in the
lib directory.  Currently, the best I can do is grab *all* the dependencies,
regardless of runtime or compile time.