Why aren't the compile time dependencies, code generators etc in a
separate plugin similar to the way the antlr plugin is? That way the
project doesn't need to list those jars as dependencies.

You could always add a property to the dependency (like the war and ear
plugins do) and use that in your collection process.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting