> > Yet another one, but much more Mavenish is to break down your
> > project into multiple smaller projects connected with a
> > network of dependencies. Each of these will have a directory
> > for sources and tests.
>
> Yes...and I am looking into this right now.  I might prefer this
> solution because then each component owner can maintain their
> own documentation, unit tests, etc.  All nice and pretty.
>
> > I know that this approach may not be easy to adopt for
> > certain projects especially in corporate enviroments.
>
> The end goal of our product is to deploy two jar files, one
> containing our core platform and the other containing our
> dependencies.  By breaking up our components into little
> subprojects, there has to be a way of delivering our product
> as it always has.  Maybe UberJar is our answer for combining
> all of the sub projects, maybe I have to write our own maven plugin.

Re: multiple projects...does Maven package (or better yet re-generate) the
javadoc from multiple projects into one big javadoc package?

For example...there is a 1-1 relationship between project and javadoc.
If I break up the project to 3 subprojects Maven can produce three
javadocs for each subproject (and three jar files, etc.)

Maven can produce an uberjar for those three subprojects, which I
presume has the same contents as the jar file from the original master
project.  Can Maven also produce a master set of javadoc documentation
from the 3 subprojects?  If so point me in the right direction and I'll
take it from there!

Thanks, Steve