> > I think you are assuming a lot about a typical corporate
> environment
> > :) I would think most have separate networks and machines for
> > building, deploying, developing, and they have to get
> around either by
> > ftp or ssh. Both are available in the aritfact plugin, as well as
> > file.
> Obviously you work for companies with lots of money. I would
> suggest that there are more places around the 100 developer
> mark than the 1000 developer mark. And the smaller ones don't
> have dedicated networks for building and deploying!

HAHAHAHHAHHAAAA! Sorry, that shouldn't be funny. We're about 10 developers
using Maven, but the company has many different subnets, firewalls and so
on. I expect most people have their production environments not in the same
place as their development for security reasons...
Anyway, they're not dedicated, just separate.

> Anyway, if the artifact plugin is the solution, thats great,
> although it is unclear from the docs as to how that plugin is
> to be used. I assume the idea is that it works behind the
> scenes, defining the communication stuff and called by other
> targets....

Yep. And artifact is one thing I hope to get rounded out (or find out where
Michal was up to) before 1.0.

Cheers,
Brett