I'm just now trying out the maven:scm plugin, and I have a couple of concerns. I thought I'd check the list before posting bugs, in case I'm confused.

I just ran maven scm:prepare-release for the first time. When it modified my project.xml file, it incorrectly modified the root element. It added the following to the top:
----
<project xsi:schemaLocation="file:///opt/maven/maven-project.xsd">
file:///opt/maven/maven-project.xsd
-------

This caused following maven goals to fail because the namespace prefix "xsi" was not bound. I was able to fix that, but I don't like the change anyway -- project.xml is shared with my team, not all of whom have the same $MAVEN_HOME. I don't want to check these changes in to CVS because it will break their builds. This seems like overly intrusive behavior, since everything was working fine without that element before.

I also don't know what the first line after the opening project element is doing. I deleted it, and it's probably not going to break anything, but that seems like a mistake.

I'm using Maven rc1 and the scm plugin (1.1) that was distributed with it.

This is the only open bug which sounds relevant (from the title) but from the writeup, it looks like a different issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-825

Do I need to upgrade to a newer release? Or is this just a bug that I should file in Jira?

Thanks
Joe
--
Joe Germuska