Hi Brian - the way I used Maven reactor is similar to the way you have it.
I have a few sub projects and the main project is just a shell which
executes the sub projects.  Based on the dependencies, the sub projects are
executed in the right order (that is so cool).

In your case I'm not sure if you can specify more filters in your reactor
tag for includes and excludes to get only the projects you want done.  Say
if you have 5 projects (A, B, C, D, E) and project A depends on artifacts
from B, and C, in your outer maven empty project I think you can write the
maven:reactor tag to point to project A, and exclude any project.xml's found
in the path to project D and E.  I haven't tried that myself but it's worth
trying.

Hope this helps, Steve

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/bill.html

If you were not an intended recipient,