Please see my comments below:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Yep, you need to run a reactor'ed jar-install or
multiproject:install/multiproject:install-snapshot</[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<b.hartin>This is what we're trying to do, e.g. maven.xml contains a reactor
tag which specifies to attain the "jar:install" goal for all project.xml
files it finds.  However, when running this for a project (projectA) like
Steve described, reactor never runs because the build fails immediately.  To
reproduce our problem, set up two dummy projects, projectA and projectB.
These are sibling projects, i.e. B is not a subproject of A.  Make A
dependent on B in A's project.xml file.  Now create a maven.xml file for A
and add a goal called "all" containing only the reactor tag as described
above.  When I run 'maven all' from within A's directory, it gives me the
'unsatisfied dependency' message.  I would think it would have executed
"jar:install" for B first.

It doesn't seem to matter what goal you're trying to achieve when you
execute 'maven [goalname]'.  I tried setting up a goal for A which just
printed something to the screen, and maven still fails because the
dependency on B isn't satisfied.  It seems that maven will _never_ run any
goal for a project, including reactor, if a dependency for that project
isn't satisfied.  Is this correct?</b.hartin>

Brian Hartin