> So I think that functional testing/performance testing should be put
> to separate projects. I think some things can be improved in
> reactor/multiproject to make such things easier to use and maintain
> So e.g. I would put cactus test cases to separate project.

One potential problem I see with separating out the functional tests and peformance
tests:

It complicates things from a software configuration management perspective.  If you
have those tests in the same project as the code they're testing, it's very easy to
version the entire package (code + tests).  That you know your 1.0 tests are for your
1.0 code.  Splitting them into two projects could complicate versioning them (how much
varies depending on your version control mechanism), setting up a situation where the
version numbers between code and tests get out of sync (ie, I tagged the code but
forgot to tage the tests).

This may be a non-issue for Maven, as you could simply say, "well, set up your version
control tool to keep the version numbers in sync between the code and the tests"--just
something to think about.

Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162