Have a look at the navigation-aggregate.xml template that's part of
multiproject.

It does something like this:

    #foreach ($reactorProject in $reactorProjects)
      <item name="$reactorProject.name"
href="/${aggregateDir}${reactorProject.artifactId}/index.html"/>
    #end

And reactorProject is just a POM.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting