On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Peter Bright wrote:

> > John D Taylor (ROE) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Much more striking, and because most non-US citizens probably find the
> whole
> > debate baffling!  (Though maybe Europeans would have had a similar
> reaction
> > to the original poster if the logo had included a swastika)

Think how we'd feel if the logo was red, white and blue with some stars
and a stripe. Talk about perverse.

An important part of i18n is colour. I wonder if the logo is positive or
negative when viewed in Russia/E.Asia. Westerners trying to be cool by
taking the piss, or finally creating a nice logo.

> As such, the communist Chinese/Soviet imagery seems quite bizarre.  These
> are not regimes that one would wish to deliberately associate with.  The
> logo seems quite perverse.

+1 feather.

Hen