On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 17:57, Steve Garcia wrote:

> Fantastic.  Then it sounds like adding <generatedSourceDirectory> to the POM
> should be a fairly easy task.  This would amount to adding that directory to
> the maven.compile.src.set Ant reference?

Precisely. In the newer code the internal source set of simply a List of
paths.

> I think this sounds completely reasonable and while it may not help out
> every project that extensively uses code generation it would help many
> projects.

Certainly as there are a great number of doclet-like tools and other
generative tools that could use the same mechanism. Could even make
things easy by providing some tools for these types of plugins.

> The specific semantics I'm still in the blue (re: what John Casey wrote
> <generatedSourceDirectory> didn't exist.  Maybe I didn't understand what he
> wrote and I'll reread his emails again.

There will always be some hairy cases where something Maven does isn't
compatible with a given method but the <generatedSourceDirectory/> would
go a long way to making things better. In the cases where things are
hairy, as John said, you can always whip something together in your
maven.xml file.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl