On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 17:05, Vincent Massol wrote:
> > Maven2 support recursive inheritance well so would anyone still really
> > need to use entities like this. Ultimately I suppose it doesn't matter
> > how the POM comes together but I would like support to come from Maven
> > itself and not the use of entities which I would consider a
> workaround.
>
> I agree with this. However I'm not sure recursive inheritance is enough.
> If we wish to support all use case, we'll need to support dependencies
> reference as several projects may want to share some references while
> they are not sharing exactly the same set of references. Putting all
> references at the top level would mean that several subprojects which do
> not need all these references will still inherit from them.

Do you use this sort of setup?

I think that the dep section would be expanded along the tree of POMs
where needed. But one thing I was think about the POM structure was the
possibility of a meta flag to indicate whether an element was overriden
or aggregated. Still not sure if this would be necessary for this type
of scenerio, but there will be some surveys coming along with the maven2
alpha so we'll find out :-)

> -Vincent

jvz.

Jason van Zyl