I use CI to make sure that unit tests all still pass in other
artifacts. For instance, I make changes in artifactA and somewhere
down a dependency chain, artifactB is affected... I may not realize
that my change breaks artifactB, I may not even know that artifactB
exists, but if the CI build shows test failures, someone knows where
to start looking (the changes the initiated the build?).

The CI does push to our nexus repo, but to me the fact that it can do
that is irrelevant.

-Wes

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:20 PM, James Russo <j...@halo3.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   This is likely more of a software engineering related maven question. With
> the concept of snapshots and versioned artifacts where would a continuous
> build system come into place? How do others use it? I guess you really have
> two options, the CI system can produce snapshots or it can produce version'd
> releases.  I would imagine that you would want to have the CI server publish
> these artifacts back to your local internal repository..
>
> So, how do others use continuous integration servers like hudson in their
> maven environment?
>
> thanks!
> -jr

Wes Wannemacher