Hi,

I am clearly not understanding how properties propagate in maven...

I have a multi-module project where I have a root pom.xml
(<packaging>pom</packaging>) and a number of child modules.

In my root pom.xml I have this:
<properties>
  <createDb>false</createDb>
</properties>

In one of the my child module's pom.xml I have the following:

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>SkipDbCreationIsTrue</id>
    <activation>
        <property>
           <name>createDb</name>
           <value>false</name>
        </property>
     </activation>
     <properties>
         <skipDbCreation>true</skipDbCreation>
     </properties>
   </profile>

    <profile>
    <id>SkipDbCreationIsFalse</id>
    <activation>
        <property>
           <name>createDb</name>
           <value>true</name>
        </property>
     </activation>
     <properties>
         <skipDbCreation>false</skipDbCreation>
     </properties>
   </profile>
<profiles>

When I do mvn help:active-profiles neither of these profiles are
active! However, when I specify the property directly on the command
line, depending on its value, the correct profile gets activated. It's
as if 'createDb' property, which I am using to do activation, is not
there at the time maven decides which profiles to use.

I could place the 'createDb' property into settings.xml, but I don't
want to do that for reasons outside the scope of this question.

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong here? I already checked the
spelling of the property in both places and it's correct...

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Yaakov.