You should try to go about this in another way. Instead of having the
version explicitly in text files, you should filter these files using
the Resources Plugin. See

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/examples/filter.html

As for the example of the manifest file, you should let the JAR Plugin
handle the version in there instead of managing it yourself. See

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/examples/manifest-customization.html

and

http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/index.html

--