Thanks for your help. As I explain very badly, I will give an example:

I have a module with the following pom.xml

<artifactId>language</artifactId>
 <modules>
    <module>lambda</module>
    <module>hol</module>
    <module>fol</module>
  </modules>

In another module I would like to create a dependency to all the submodules
of language:

<dependency>
      <groupId>..</groupId>
      <artifactId>language</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <type>pom</type>
</dependency>

So automatically lambda, hol and fol will be added as dependencies. I get no
error from maven about this but the scala compiler tells me it cannot find
specific classes within the jars of lambda, hol and fol. when I do instead:

<dependency>
      <groupId>..</groupId>
      <artifactId>lambda</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

etc.

it works OK.

I was wondering if I am not using this recursive dependency correctly.

Thanks again for your help,
Tomer