Wayne Fay wrote:
Guys, I am trying to push Maven in my organization, so I am facing
the reality of existing mega projects with mega chaos and the
resistance of some zealous ant users. Do you have an operative suggestions?

It sounds like you would benefit from a mandate from someone higher up
that will gently require people to adopt Maven over some period of
time.

In an org full of zealous ant users, you're fighting an uphill battle
without some support. At the least, you need to be able to re-organize
the projects to get them to conform to Maven's standards for where
source files should be and to split things up into modules where it
makes sense etc.

Without a mandate or some power in general over the projects, this
will probably be yet another failed migration effort. I am less of a
fan of the "parallel non-disruptive" approach suggested by Curtis
because it is much harder to accomplish due to the excessive
configuration that is required, unless you can do all your work in one
big branch in SVN and then check it all in at once after it is
working. But that is going to be very disruptive, too.

Wayne

Can you provide examples of large organizations that made the move from Ant to Maven and were happy with the process and felt that the benefits outweighed the initial costs.

Ron

Ron