Hey Wayne,
We don't need to start name calling here.
"zealous ant users"? Would that be someone who believes that their favorite
tool must be best for everybody. Remind you of anyone?
There are ant users and maven users. And there are zealous users and pragmatic
users. You don't have to be a zealous user to believe that the tool you are
using is working fine and it would be a lot of work to change. Instead of
insisting that people change and complaining (or name calling) if they are
reluctant, let's take the approach of trying to supply the information we
believe that they are not aware of yet. You know, that information that if they
knew it then they would definitely agree with us.
So what is it that these "zealous ant users" should know? I think maybe it is
"Where is the evidence that me using Maven will make my customers happier?"

We've all heard of the latest greatest thing that would provide massive long
term benefits if only we would accept the short term pain. Pascal, CASE tools,
OOD, UML, giving up smoking, losing weight, etc.  Some people just want you to
try everything they think is good. Other people are naturally resistant.

I told the engineers here that management had decided that we would have to
change to Maven because it would look so good on everybody's resume.  It's odd
to have management insisting that we change. After so many years complaining
that management only looked at the short term goals, now it's management that
is looking at the long term and the engineers still doubt that they know what
they're doing. So, even management buy-in isn't the magic pill to success.

<!-- Frank Gorham-Engard →
"It is a misnomer to label any practice 'a best practice';
  a practice is only best in the specific context in which it performs well."