On 3/18/10 2:06 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
> My personal opinion (and it is shared by many of the active people on
> this list) is that jumping in with your first Maven project as a "big
> Ant migration" is the worst possible way to get started with Maven and
> is nearly guaranteed to fail.
Just to echo this... it's actually two-fold:
1) As an organization, you should first use Maven on a greenfield project.
2) As a build architect (or whatever you want to call it), you should
first use Maven on a greenfield project.

Failing to do BOTH of these will result in failure. An experienced build
architect who has used Maven on a variety of projects MAY be able to do
#1, but it is very risky.

As an aside, a Best Practices Guide is a fine idea, but I don't see it
working as a community project.

Justin