If you're not using release:perform and you aren't pushing a "blessed"
jar anywhere (i.e. nexus), then you could just mvn release:rollback
(it might not be rollback, but there is some command that rolls things
back). Then, make your fixes and do release:prepare again.

I will add that the whole thing sounds a bit hackish and you should
get an MRM. Then, if you find bugs, you can make a branch based on the
1.5 tag, fix your bugs, then merge the changes back to trunk. You can
also release from the branch and name it 1.5.1 (or similar).

-Wes

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM, napple fabble <jm.postili...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use release plugin to update my pom.xml and create tags in subversion.
>
> I just created a new release with it. While development was ongoing, my
> pom.xmls had version 1.5-SNAPSHOT. Release plugin created tag "1.5" and
> updated my trunk to 1.6-SNAPSHOT. So everything is as I want.
>
> The only thing I need to do is "mvn release:prepare". This creates the
> correct tag and updates trunk as I want it to. I haven't had any need for
> release:perform.
>
> QUESTION: What do I do when I find some last bugs while installing the
> release and want to fix them. I would ideally like to have both 1.5 tag and
> the trunk (1.6-SNAPSHOT) updated with the fixes. Can I do this somehow
> conveniently with release plugin, or do I have to do it manually (if so,
> what's the best approach? just fix trunk and copy the changed to the tag?).
> --

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!