On 23/08/2010 1:15 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Ron Wheeler
<rwhee...@artifact-software.com>  wrote:
So the client needs to configure 2 repositories- one for all the releases
and one for all the SNAPSHOTS.
You should be able to use a single repo url from the client -- the
repo managers have the concept of a 'virtual repository' or a
'repository group'.

Wendy is right.

Here is my slightly modified    .settings.xml
to give a concrete example of a working configuration.

A lot of the configuration and brains on on the Nexus side.
It knows how to deploy a SNAPSHOT that gets sent its way regardless of what I call it on the client side.

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0";
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
                      http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd";>
<servers>
<server>
<id>nexus</id>
<username>me_me_me</username>
<password>secret</password>
</server>
<server>
<id>nexus-snapshots</id>
<username>me_me_me</username>
<password>secret</password>
</server>
</servers>

<localRepository>c:\maven_repository/</localRepository>
<mirrors>
<mirror>
<!--This sends everything else to /public -->
<id>nexus</id>
<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
<url>http://repo.xxx.ccc:8081/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
</mirror>
</mirrors>
<profiles>
<profile>
<id>nexus</id>
<!--Enable snapshots for the built in central repo to direct -->
<!--all requests to nexus via the mirror -->
<repositories>
<repository>
<id>central</id>
<url>http://central</url>
</repository>
</repositories>
<pluginRepositories>
<pluginRepository>
<id>central</id>
<url>http://central</url>
</pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>
</profile>
</profiles>
<activeProfiles>
<!--make the profile active all the time -->
<activeProfile>nexus</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
</settings>