Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find anything
related to this subject.

I've been working for a while with Maven 2 now, but only with single-module
projects.  I am now working on a multi-module project with a flat structure
and have stumbled on some interesting behaviour that I can't explain.
Basically, running "mvn clean install" on the parent POM seems to be running
the "clean" goal on every module, then the "install" goal on every module.
This causes problems when building the project, since artifacts are not
installed in the repository in an order that allows module changes to be
visible to other dependent modules.

Is this normal and how should I deal with this behaviour?  I'm using Maven
2.2.1.

Thanks,
GB