On 05/11/2010 5:20 PM, Phillip Hellewell wrote:
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Jon Paynter<kittl...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Phillip Hellewell<ssh...@gmail.com>  wrote:
In many of my cases, yes A actually does need C to compile.

In that case - my suggestion wont work for you.

Also - after re-reading this thread it seems your assuming something very
simmilar to what I assumed when starting with maven:  namely ive I have
changed B while working on A, and I build from within project A, maven will
also pickup the changes from B -- this is not true.  What will actually
happen is A will be compiled based on the last installed version of B.  IMO
the better option is to Always build from the top level of your project,
then changes across modules are always built together with dependencies in
the right order.
Actually, we don't use multi-module projects at all.  All our
project/components live in their own source trees in SVN and depend on
each other using transitive dependencies.  So yeah, building A can't
possibly pick up a new version of B until B is built and
That is a good way to do it.
We find that this works very well and makes life simpler for everyone.

installed/deployed.

Phillip