From: Hilco Wijbenga [mailto:hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:03 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Nothing put into target directories

On 1 February 2011 16:40, Kenneth Litwak <klit...@apu.edu> wrote:
> When I use
> mvn compile war:war
> instead, I get the same error I was getting before:
> "Error assembling war:  webxml attribute is required"
>
>  The web page you pointed me to has one project structure but I am using a
> different project structure, which involves having two modules in one
> project.  So I pasted in the source for the pom for the web part.  There
> seems to be a requirement that I have something like
> Project dir
>    core
>      src
>        main
>    web
>       src
>          main
>              webapp
>                     aaa
>                         bbb
>                            ccc
>                              FrontController.java
>                     WEB-INF
>                        web.xml
>

> In case this loses formatting in email, core and web are at the same
> directory level under the project directory and aaa and WEB-INF are at the
> same directory level under webapp.
>
> Do I need to do more to tell Maven the paths under web so that it can find
> WEB-INF?  Thanks.

I get the feeling you haven't done much research yet. You don't seem
to know even the very basics. Check out these links:

http://www.sonatype.com/books/maven-book/
http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html