On 2 February 2011 08:50, Kenneth Litwak <klit...@apu.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the links but actually I've read a bunch of stuff on Maven.
> Unfortunately, I've found diverse examples, mostly generic, and none that
> address the exact specifics of precisely, in every possible detail, the exact
> structure that one needs for a multi-module project and every _single_ line
> in every file that Maven needs.  If you can point me to a reference for that,
> I'll happily read it.  I read the POM reference at the Maven site, for
> example, and didn't see any detailed, full-example-based discussion of what
> I'm trying to find out.

I know it's a bit frustrating, you want to get things done but you
want to do it properly and that's slowing you down. You are really
going to have to read Maven by Example
(http://www.sonatype.com/books.html). Try the examples and try to
understand the structure of a project (e.g. Java source files don't go
in src/main/webapp but in src/main/java). Start with a single project,
not a multi-project build. You need to understand the Maven lifecycle
and then have a look at the various plugins as they become relevant to
you (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html).

For all its faults, Maven is incredibly well documented so take
advantage of that and read it. It shouldn't take you all that long.