On 24 February 2011 10:51, zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need a bit of advice with the maven release plugin. I have a multi-module
> project, like this:
>
> myproject
> \_myproject-parent
> \_myproject-api (version 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT)
> \_myproject-impl (version 0.5-SNAPSHOT)
>
> The reactor pom is in 'myproject'.
>
> I'm developing both myproject-api and myproject-impl at the same time, they
> have _different_ versions.
> myproject-impl depends on myproject-api.
>
> When I try and release myproject, "mvn release:prepare -Papache-release"
> fails to release myproject-impl because it looks for a released version of
> myproject-api (version 1.0.1) - which of course doesn't exist because I am
> trying to release it at the same time.
>
> Is there any way around this?

I just tried it with a pet project (my-project/pom.xml,
my-project/thing-api/..., and my-project/thing-impl/...). Everything
has a snapshot version and thing-impl depends on thing-api.

>From my-project/ I ran both "mvn clean deploy" (to a local file://
Maven repo) and "mvn clean release:clean release:prepare
release:perform" (using Git also on the local file system) and it all
runs perfectly. All snapshots are handled without problems and the
release works as expected.

Do all of your projects have the same parent POM?