On 3/17/2011 7:48 AM, Marc Rohlfs wrote:
If can't find useful information in the debug output, it's getting
somewhat hard to analyse. In the last instance You could try to debug it
using the IDE:
1. Download the sources of the dependency plugin version Your're using
from the SVN and integrate/import it in Your IDE.
2. Set a debug break point at the begining of the execute() method in
the CopyDependenciesMojo class.
3. Start Your build using the command 'mvnDebug' (instead of 'mvn').
Maven now waits for a remote debugger to connect until it starts the build.
4. In Your IDE, start the remote debugger for the
maven-dependency-plugin project (using port 8000). The execution of the
Maven build should stop at the break point and You can start debugging ...

BTW: I think I have an idea why the servlet-api-2.3.jar isn't excluded
when copying the dependencies. Try using a dot instead of a dash:
<excludeGroupIds>javax.servlet</excludeGroupIds>

Excellent -- replacing the dash with a dot did it. Looks like I don't have to debug it at all. Though I'm hoping that other mystery jars aren't showing up as well...