Some dependencies such as CXF for Web services are huge and getting them as provided was a big help since we had a dozen or so webapps in our LMS portal that used web services.

If 70 can be removed will the WAR file be a negative size and give you back disk space when you build it?

Ron

On 13/05/2011 5:10 PM, EJ Ciramella wrote:
Heh - I see 30 dependencies mentioned below, is this a trick answer?

(sorry, trolling as I wait for posts to my questions)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:rwhee...@artifact-software.com]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 5:08 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: help - how to reduce the build time using mvn and cargo

Getting the 70 dependencies out of the build will yield the biggest ROI.

Ron

On 13/05/2011 4:29 PM, Wayne Fay wrote:
Bunch of thanks to all for sharing the info.  Yes my war is very big.  Its
size is almost 62MB.  It builds in 7 mins than other machines.  It uses 30
dependencies and xml resources.
7 minutes is a long time just to build what is essentially a zip file.
Perhaps invest in some SSD hardware and perform your builds on
server-class machines rather than pokey laptops via a CI server like
Jenkins/Hudson or something along those lines.

Wayne

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and the information transmitted within
including any attachments is only for the recipient(s) to which it is intended
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of; or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please send the e-mail
back by replying to the sender and permanently delete the entire message and
its attachments from all computers and network systems involved in its receipt.