I essentially have the same problem.  I am just getting started with Groovy
for this project.

Environment:
  Ubuntu 11.04
  Eclipse 3.7
  Groovy Eclipse plugin 2.5.1
  Maven 2.2.1

Following the instructions in the Groovy Eclipse Plugin page
(http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+compiler+plugin+for+Maven), I ran
the mvn archetype:generate command, and it generated a project for me.  Then
I did mvn eclipse:eclipse and then imported that project into Eclipse.

But the project flags errors in src/test/java/JavaTest because the package
is not right.  Fixed that.

Next src/main/java/JavaMain.java is in error because it cannot find
GroovyHello.  Sure enough, that is not compiled.  So I checked the build
path, and like Sebastian found, src/main/groovy does not include groovy
files at all...so I added an include of **/*.groovy.

That still doesn't fix it, though.  None of the groovy files ever get
compiled to .class files in the output folder.  At this point I don't have a
clue how to get Eclipse to build these files.

I think I'll come at it from the Eclipse side and create a Groovy project.