On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Jeff MAURY <jeffma...@jeffmaury.com> wrote:
>> You probably need to configure your Eclipse project as a Groovy project
>> (through a nature I think).
>> Please not that you can configure the Maven Eclipse plugin to add specific
>> natures when eclipse:eclipse is run.
>
> Groovy support in maven-eclipse-plugin may not be complete.
> You are welcome to provide patches with test cases to fix this.

I can see from the IT pom that there are no Groovy natures installed.

But when you run mvn compile it will compile the Groovy files.
See
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-eclipse-plugin/src/test/resources/projects/groovy/pom.xml

Their documentation
(http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy-Eclipse+compiler+plugin+for+Maven)
has a bug
  <!-- Optional, include this piece for integration with Eclipse -->
  <plugin>
    <artifactId></artifactId>
    <configuration>
      <additionalProjectnatures>
        <projectnature>org.eclipse.jdt.groovy.core.groovyNature</projectnature>
      </additionalProjectnatures>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>
What's the artifactId?
I think it should be maven-eclipse-plugin.

And their archetype also needs updating to match their documentation
as it does not include this configuration.

I've updated the IT pom to include the nature now.
But its still a manual job for any groovy users to do this, its not
something maven-eclipse-plugin can do automatically for you.