Is it easy to move a Nexus repository from one system to the next? I was thinking of using my personal workstation to host Nexus, because it is more powerful than any server we have, and I don't want to have to go find a server with spare cycles.

Would it make more sense for me to create a VMWare virtual machine called 'nexus' and run it there? That way if I want to move the repository to another machine I can move the VM. Does anyone have any preconfigured VMs with Nexus already installed?

If I am running in a VM, would it make more sense to run it with Linux so I don't have to pay for another Windows License?

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-07-19 6:44 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:
On 19/07/2011 9:17 AM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:
I must say, I don't know either technology that well, but after looking around Nexus seems to have the more favorable reviews. I'll probably try Nexus first given I am already using m2e and Sonatype seem to document things well.
I am really happy with Nexus but have not tried Archiva.
Follow the installation procedure carefully as it has some bits about directories that are not intuitive.
If you pay attention to the instructions, you will not have any problems.
The user interface is very simple and easy to understand.
The support is very good in the Nexus forum and to a certain extent here as well.
Documentation is clear and abundant.

Good Luck.
Ron

Thanks for that clarity everyone.