So it seems Maven handles dependency inheritance pretty well.
Let's say I have a parent project A that depends on projects B and C. And
both B and C depend on D. This works fine as dependencies.

But suppose I wanted to make B and C modules of A. And I want to make D a
module of B and C, then Maven will complain that two or more projects in the
reactor have the same identifier. I believe this is because module D is
included twice.

Does anyone know how to get around this?
...perhaps some need plugin that ignores this duplicate identifier?

Thanks,
Kane