Cool, I also found maven-scala-plugin
<http://scala-tools.org/mvnsites/maven-scala-plugin/example_script.html>
Is there nothing needed in maven that someone else has not already thought of?

I guess there are no useful maven plugins left for me to write - just joking.

I must go play with maven-scala-plugin now - bwa-ha-ha-ha

Cheers, Eric

On 2011-08-26 10:55 AM, Brian Topping wrote:
Oh yah, that's right, there is a Groovy plugin.  Another one of those paths
that I would use sparingly.  (Well actually, on the project I saw it used on, I
went through and replaced it immediately.)

http://www.ronniealleva.org/index.php/2008/01/23/using-the-groovy-maven-plugin-to-do-magic/
 is an example.

The Maven plugins project has a wealth of tricks in it across the various
plugins if/when you choose to create a true plugin.