I've been using Maven for about 6 months now so I am still a big green.

Recently I discovered that my project needs to be compatible with client code that requires Java 5, because it needs to run on OS 10.5 32-bit Intel. Unfortunately I have been doing all my development with Java 6. I am almost complete reworking things to run on a Java 5 run-time, and while everything compiles, things are dying in hibernate somewhere because there are Java 6 class files in some of the artifacts. Unfortunately from the diaganosics I cannot tell which artifact I am importing that has the Java 6 class files.

Is there some common wisdom or best practices on how to determine which Java versions were used to build an artifact. I know you can specify a java version in the classifier, but is there a way to search for specific coordinates based on the classifier, or some way to tell Maven to only use artifacts with a specific version of Java class files?

Cheers, Eric