What surprised me the most is people complaining about open source
docs, but then very rarely supply any patches for improving them. As
they surely do put time into figuring out how to use the software (and
to write mail complaining), they would be the very best candidates for
fixing the existing docs.
Eric, you have an excellent opportunity here to show that you're not
one of these people!

/Anders