Hello,

I am a relatively new user to Maven. I have Java 1.7 and Maven 3.0.3
installed. I am trying to fix two problems:
1. The first and more critical problem is: No matter what command I try to
run, mvn starts the download and then it just stalls. The same thing
happens when I try creating a project from an archetype. I tried running
mvn help:effective-pom to resolve the warning in the snippet below, and
that command also hangs just like the others. I have to use Ctrl-C to kill
it and retry it again.

It almost seems like it is an internet connectivity problem, but I don't
see how it can be, when it can download some jars, but not the remaining
ones.

2. I would like to know how I can resolve the warning below.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!!
AR

--

C:\development\workspace1\project1>dir
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is B894-5499
 Directory of C:\development\workspace1\project1
12/29/2011  04:12 PM    <DIR>          .
12/29/2011  04:12 PM    <DIR>          ..
12/29/2011  04:12 PM             2,795 pom.xml
12/29/2011  04:12 PM    <DIR>          src
               1 File(s)          2,795 bytes
               3 Dir(s)  582,170,943,488 bytes free
C:\development\RFP\project1>mvn eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model
for com.dc:project1:war:1.0
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 84,
column 15
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
building such malformed projects.
[WARNING]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.7.2/maven-surefire-plugin-2.7.2.jar