For those who wants another use case for custom unique version is:

At our legacy application based on JPA has persistence.xml. Our domain jars
were divided into the two module and they are included at our
persistence.xml at like this:

    <persistence-unit name="SearchV2PU">
        <jta-data-source>SearchV2DS</jta-data-source>
        <jar-file>domain-A-${A-version}.jar</jar-file>
        <jar-file>domain-B-${B-version}.jar</jar-file>
    </persistence-unit>

Our persistence.xml file is filtered at build time by maven. However because
of the unique version of each SNAPSHOT, it can not be filtered correctly.

Our persistence provider Eclipse can not locate domain-A-***.jar since the
name of it changing daily.

Please do not suggest me to use release version of domain A dependency. This
domain dependency is changing very rapidly and its daily usage is very
critical.

I strongly need "custom unique version" of the snapshot and filter my
persistense.xml.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks