On 15 March 2012 12:11, Joao Silva <joao.si...@vilt-group.com> wrote:
> Hi Anders
>
> Thanks, but I already mentioned that blog post in my email.
> Do you have something to add to that post?
> Because in my opinion, that post does not offer clear cut conclusions
> regarding the inclusion of repositories in pom.xml files:
>>

>> /Should I put the urls to my repositories in my poms or in my settings?/
>>
>> The short answer is: /settings/.
>>
>> The long answer is: /it depends/.
>>
> For the enterprise scenarios, it may be reasonable to put them in pom.xml
> files...

Nope....

For enterprise scenarios, you use

<mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>

so that *everything* is pulled from your enterprise repository
manager. Otherwise you are putting your enterprise at risk of a
failure of a 3rd party repository... e.g. what happened when JBoss
shut down their old repositories, what happened when those crazy fools
hosting their own maven repos on google-code svn repos deleted their
projects...

You want *everything* in your enterprise repository manager so that
you have complete control over your destiny

-Stephen