On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Grant Lewis <ukchuckt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I tried all the suggested solutions including that one. On a hunch I
> went ahead and explicitly set the checkstyle version to 5.5 in the POM and
> problem solved. I believe checkstyle 5.5 changed the method signatures on
> some of the log methods and that was causing the issue during the report
> generation. Here is what worked for me...

Running mvn -X would have told you (in great verbosage) what version
of plugins were being loaded.

And you would have noticed that m-checkstyle-p was not 5.5.

It is best practice to lock down version of plugins.

Use "The Loving Iron Fist of Maven", aka m-enforcer-p to fail your
build when someone forgets to specify a plugin version.

Your release manager will thank you.
A sainthood is a real possibility.