Hi.

First of all: You can of course use the same repository for multiple
artifacts, packagings and project types. And yes, you can use the same
settings.xml file for both. However that depends on the question what is
inside the settings.xml. If there is anything inside it that is
incompatible you should use profiles (and if you divide the php artifact
from java artifact).

For example the profile "my-java-profile" for anything that is only visible
to your java artifact and "my-php-profile" that is visible to your php
project.

As you say the project depends on both, java and php I assume that the php
code is part of a java servlet and is deployed as war file? Am I right?

Greetings
Martin