Hello everybody,

having migrated from maven2 to maven3 (3.0.4) recently I observed some strange
behavior.

I am not sure whether this is due to some configuration problem on my side or
whether it's a bug of maven.

The problems I have:
I am running a continuous integration server (Jenkins). One of the things this
server shall check is whether we are indeed using a set of artifacts that are
up to date, i.e. can be compiled from the newest code. To check this I delete
significant parts of the local repository each night and rebuild everything
from scratch.

To achieve this I created a build-profile that does not mention ANY snapshot
repository. I did control that with "help:effective-pom".
Additionally I provided the "-no-snapshot-update" flag as a command line
parameter to maven.

I now see the following effect:
A module "A" is built by Jenkins using maven and then installed to the local
repository and deployed to our company repository. Fine up to then.

But when jenkins builds a module "B" which depends on module "A" despite all
measures (see above) maven tries to download a new snapshot version of module
"A".
As the snapshot repository is not configured into the build (see above) this
fails which in turn fails the complete build.

I am not capable of  isolating and solving this problem and am therefore asking
for help here.

Thanks for any input.

Best regards
Gerhard