Hi Gerhard,

This is the basic functionality on which the question is raised on. I
guess, maven at any cost should not check the repository which is not
mentioned in the pom.

Please check the dependency that you have given, if the version has
SNAPSHOT word in it, then Maven by default tries to look in the SNAPSHOT
repository.

Folks,
Correct me if I am wrong.