Hmm,

ok. I double checked things. Here is the outcome:

--------------- some excerpt from the log output (gained with the -X switch) ---
The dependencies of the project:
[DEBUG] at.ac.ait.enviro:tsapi-io-trafficCount:jar:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG]    junit:junit:jar:4.8.2:test
[DEBUG]    at.ac.ait.enviro:tsapi-api:jar:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT:compile
[DEBUG]    at.ac.ait.enviro:tsapi-basic-impls:jar:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT:compile
[DEBUG]       at.ac.ait.enviro:utils:jar:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT:compile
                     <-- This is the module that fails
[DEBUG]       com.vividsolutions:jts:jar:1.8:compile
[DEBUG]       org.codehaus.groovy:groovy:jar:1.7.0:compile
[DEBUG]          antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.7:compile
[DEBUG]          asm:asm:jar:3.2:compile
[DEBUG]          asm:asm-commons:jar:3.2:compile
[DEBUG]          asm:asm-util:jar:3.2:compile
[DEBUG]          asm:asm-analysis:jar:3.2:compile
[DEBUG]          asm:asm-tree:jar:3.2:compile
[DEBUG]          jline:jline:jar:0.9.94:compile
[DEBUG]       org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.1:compile
[DEBUG]       commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2.1:compile
[DEBUG]    log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.16:compile

A few lines above maven tells me it is happy with the version it finds in the
local repository but tries to download things nevertheless (at least that's how
I interpret things)

[DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
at.ac.ait.enviro:utils:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml, locally installed
metadata up-to-date.
[DEBUG] Skipped remote update check for
at.ac.ait.enviro:utils:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml, locally installed
metadata up-to-date.
[DEBUG] Using connector WagonRepositoryConnector with priority 0 for
http://ts-toolbox.ait.ac.at/maven2/ as ts-toolbox
Downloading:
http://ts-toolbox.ait.ac.at/maven2/at/ac/ait/enviro/utils/4.0.7-SNAPSHOT/utils-4.0.7-20120619.063804-9.pom
[DEBUG] Using connector WagonRepositoryConnector with priority 0 for
http://ts-toolbox.ait.ac.at/maven2/snapshots as ts-toolbox
Downloading:
http://ts-toolbox.ait.ac.at/maven2/snapshots/at/ac/ait/enviro/utils/4.0.7-SNAPSHOT/utils-4.0.7-20120619.063804-9.pom
[WARNING] The POM for at.ac.ait.enviro:utils:jar:4.0.7-20120619.063804-9 is
missing, no dependency information available

Finally, near the end of the run it tells me the following
message : Failed to execute goal on project tsapi-io-trafficCount: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
at.ac.ait.enviro:tsapi-io-trafficCount:jar:4.0.7-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact at.ac.ait.enviro:utils:jar:4.0.7-20120619.063804-9 in
ts-toolbox.ait.snapshots (http://ts-toolbox.ait.ac.at/maven2/snapshots)

---------

So, yes. I think it is a snapshot dependency.
Another thing that is fishy here is that the URL that maven tries to download
is NOT in the list of repositories.
Here is the list just as a reference, also taken from the effective-pom.
<repositories>
    <repository>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
      <id>central</id>
      <name>Central Repository</name>
      <url>http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2</url>
    </repository>
 </repositories>

I hope that gives somebody some clue as I definitely am out of my depths here.

Best regards
Gerhard