On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:18:22 +0000
<org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:07:03 -0500
> Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I sort of want to have the project depend on its own extra,
> > > classified artifacts, but I imagine that's considered a circular
> > > dependency and will drive some tools insane...
> >
> > Make yet another project called
> > jogl.all.butseriouslythisiswhatyouwant and have it depend on the
> > others, then they will all come in transitively.

I've actually hit a wall with this approach: I don't understand why,
but the transitive dependencies do not appear on the class path when
trying to build a test project.

See:

http://mvn.io7m.com/org/jogamp/jogl/jogl-all-main/2.0-rc9/jogl-all-main-2.0-rc9.pom

The artifact is a single empty jar.

Note that the above pom depends on (including all the classified jars):

http://mvn.io7m.com/org/jogamp/jogl/jogl.all/2.0-rc9/jogl.all-2.0-rc9.pom

But when building a project that depends on jogl-all-main-2.0-rc9, the
jogl.all-2.0 jar and all of the native jars are conspicuously absent
(despite being downloaded from the repository at the start of the
build). Is there something I need to add to get them onto the
classpath? I don't recall having this problem with transitive
dependencies before today...